On June 14, 2021 Philips Respironics issued a recall on a number of respiratory products including the Trilogy 200 and the BiPAP A40 unit.
The recall was issued to mitigate the potential health risks related to the sound absorbing foam.
It is recommended that users of the Trilogy 200 ventilator and the BiPAP A40 device continue therapy:
- Use of a bacterial filter is recommended at the air outlet of the Trilogy ventilator.
- A bacterial filter may be placed at the air outlet of the BiPAP A40 when the humidifier is removed.
- Consult your physician and home ventilator clinical team for advice on the use of a filter.
- Do not stop using the humidifier without physician approval.
- Do not use ozone cleaners with your device.
Users who experience symptoms should contact their physician. If there is a medical emergency please call 911.
No further action is required by the user at this time. The VEP will notify all affected users by mail with additional information. The link to the FDA announcement is below.
The VEP is committed to resolving this issue in a timely manner. The VEP has not been provided with a list of affected serial numbers. The VEP is working with our vendors and the manufacturer to determine which devices may be affected and the solution based on the device.
We understand that you may have questions and concerns related to this recall. We hope to have corrective actions in place as soon as possible.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at 1-800-633-8977 or by e-mail Sandy.Fodey@kingstonhsc.ca.