The VEP team of biomedical technologists are certified to inspect, test, service and repair the ventilator devices and equipment supplied by the VEP.
Clients can feel confident that the equipment they receive has gone through rigorous testing and evaluation, and meets manufacturers’ specifications, prior to its release.
All ventilator devices go through a series of testing and evaluation:
- upon receipt following the purchase of the device;
- following the return of a ventilator device to the VEP;
- all equipment goes through a mandatory waiting period prior to the cleaning and disinfecting process;
- all devices undergo testing procedures to ensure they meet manufacturer’s specifications;
- devices that fail to meet specifications are serviced/repaired and re-tested to ensure specifications are met prior to release to clients.
Our team of biomedical technologists:
- Are trained and educated in electronics technology, biomedical technology or an equivalent program at the post-secondary level.
- Go through vigorous manufacturer’s training, certification and re-certification programs.
- Provide functional tests, inspections, routine preventative maintenance as well as repair services.
- Are involved with medical device evaluation, critical incident investigation, and product recalls.
- Work closely with the VEP team to ensure devices are performing to specifications and to ensure adequate equipment inventory available to clients.
- Act as a knowledge resource to the VEP team and community.